Why the Best Sales Organizations Are Evolving
Posted April 10, 2014 by Ryan Estis in Sales
Buyers look at sales organizations differently than they ever have before.
Customers aren’t coming to sales looking for basic problem identification and solution pitches anymore. When the average customer meets a sales rep for the first time, she’s already made 60% of the buying decision on her own. Buyers expect more from sales, because they’re coming to the table backed by their own research and knowledge.
So…that 50-slide deck all about YOU? Your customers aren’t impressed.
The best sales organizations are evolving to to help their customers think differently. This requires a fundamental shift in your approach to sales engagements.
In the enclosed video, I think through how sales organizations should view buyers’ changing habits through the lens of opportunity.
My new ebook, Leading Breakthrough Sales Performance, looks at how sales leaders can create teams of informed, motivated, savvy sellers that are ready to meet buyers’ new expectations. Download the ebook for case studies from dynamic sales leaders at HP, Grainger, the Dallas Cowboys, MassMutual and Medline.
Ryan Estis & Associates is a training and development organization helping companies, leaders, sales people and individual contributors embrace change and achieve breakthrough performance in the new economy. We offer keynotes, live classroom training and online learning that blends interaction, energy and actionable content designed to elevate performance. Contact us for programming inquiries and assistance determining the curriculum that could best support your learning and development objectives.
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- 5 Keys to More Persuasive Communication
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader