I was fortunate to spend a couple days this week working with a world class talent acquisition team. The group at CDW is lead by Melissa McMahon, SMA Chicago’s 2010 Staffing Professional of the Year. This team knows talent. The business recognizes that talent will be the disruptive competitive advantage. They need to achieve growth goals and this group is going to deliver the people that deliver on the business plan. These are People Who Get IT! I can tell you the focus of our training and time together wasn’t spent on tactics like Boolean Search, Recruiter ready Linked In profiles or source effectiveness reporting. Nope. We actually spent our time on Recruiter Effectiveness. What constitutes Recruiter Effectiveness on a world class talent acquisition team? Have a look at the Rock Star Recruiting skill and competency list as defined by CDW in session (picture enclosed). A pretty good self assessment for anyone concentrating on the practice of people. Our training emphasized the competitive decision cycle – from Recruiter point of contact to conversion. Where the real recruiting happens. This is what Team CDW had to say about the experience: The session content resonated because they buy into a fundamental principle – Recruiting is Sales (and Marketing). That is a conversation we’ll continue next month at the SHRM Talent & Staffing Management Conference & Exposition in my Tuesday morning keynote. If you completely disagree with what I have to say know that Dan Pink is keynoting Monday and Susan Packard is on Wednesday. That alone is worth the price of admission and the all star sessions and networking in San Diego is never a bad thing! Hope to see you there. Enclosed is a video preview of our Sales & Recruiter Effectiveness training. Feedback is always welcome!
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- 5 Keys to More Persuasive Communication