People, Passion & Performance
I am passionate about my work.
I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to share my ideas on business performance and trends related to leadership, branding, sales, passion and talent with large groups of people. Everyday is different and I am continually challenged to learn and grow. I meet incredibly interesting, committed, successful people and have been privileged to work with some of the most innovative companies in the world.
It keeps me on the move. The next two weeks are no exception. Tuesday starts an 11 day trip with 6 speaking engagements (on 3 different topics) in 5 cities. I’ll be up in the air and loving every minute. Well, maybe not the long security lines, delays, missed connections, car rental kiosks, 1 am arrival, jet lag and room service dinner alone while preparing for tomorrow morning’s session.
In spite of how that might sound, I actually enjoy doing what I do so much that I’d find a way to do it even if it wasn’t a core element of my business. And whenever I speak to HR leaders or Recruiters, I’ll challenge them to focus on hiring people who feel the very same way about their work. Find people who love what they do, put them in a position to do their very best work and help align people toward a shared purpose. When you attract and hire those people you are well positioned to unleash the passion and productivity that accelerates performance. Recruiting isn’t about filling open requisitions. It’s about delivering the talent that delivers on the business plan.
A great attitude and passionate commitment to excellence are intangibles that separate good from great and differ from skills and competency. I submit they both matter considerably and the former that shapes your culture will become either a competitive advantage or barrier to success.
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- 5 Keys to More Persuasive Communication