Posted July 26, 2010 by Ryan Estis in Uncategorized
You need testimonials. Proof of concept. Demonstrated ROI. Commentary on the experience. Your brand is no longer just what you say it is….it’s what everyone says it is…and if part of your business objective is to grow through new client acquisition then you need to put your Brand Evangelists front and center.
Today’s Sales Leader should be joined at the hip with the CMO taking great care in cultivating a customer evangelism initiative (yes, satisfied and loyal are no longer go0d competitive benchmarks so out with the dated ‘Customer Satisfaction Survey’). If you ask the right way and listen carefully customers will not only tell you what they want now but where they are going to invest next. And if you are delivering there is no better way to accelerate new client acquisition then capturing and sharing those big wins and special client experiences. Your best customers want you to succeed and are often happy to share their over the top experience with the rest of the world.
I’ve captured more than a few written testimonials in my day and I am grateful for every one of them. But they fall short of the impact the video testimonial has. Whether you are a seller who catches client commentary on Flip Cam or a Marketing leader who produces a Web TV program related to industry trends and the impact your solution delivers with client participation (not a bad idea!) you’ll have higher impact with video.
What is your Client Evangelism initiative? The answer and subsequent strategy will accelerate your growth.
We packaged up a few testimonials from some of our recent events/engagements. Its always better when your customers help you tell your story!
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- When That Little Voice Whispers: This Is Stupid