All You Need Is Love
Posted December 27, 2009 by Ryan Estis in Uncategorized
Great song. And for me, I am fortunate that the holidays afford a good reminder of hope, opportunity, optimism, enthusiasm and love! I spent Christmas day with 5 nieces and nephews ranging in age from 1 – 6 years old. And Ben, Allie, Ella, Evan and Jayce offered up a wonderful reminder of the benefit of seeing the world just a little bit more like they do.
Somewhere along the way many of us lose that wide-eyed exuberance and sheer joy of a new day dawning for the limitless possibility it brings. That irreverent spirit and sense of adventure in a world where you can be anything you want to be. When you ask a child what they want to be when they grow up – they DREAM BIG! And they understand how to be present in the moment and fill up those moments with FUN! Not a bad way to roll…
Unrealistic? Maybe. So often though, especially in a tough environment like 2009, it becomes natural to default toward focusing on mistakes of the past, the uncontrollable stressors of the moment and hardships that lie ahead. Instead of the abundance of opportunity both change and challenge can bring our way! A little more letting go of the past, living in the moment and preparing to pursue our passion on purpose are good reminders as we look toward the New Year!
A lot of that comes right down to attitude. And I learned a long time ago, and was reminded this holiday weekend, attitude really is a choice. It’s a gift to be around people (even little people) who have a wonderful attitude, are filled with positivity and are passionately pursuing something they love with a real sense of purpose.
It’s contagious! Thanks guys for the reminder. Happy New Year!
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- When That Little Voice Whispers: This Is Stupid