All We Need Is Love (and memories)
Posted December 23, 2011 by Ryan Estis in Uncategorized
Two years ago I shared this post and picture about my own Christmas experience:
As I prepare to travel back to Cleveland, Ohio for the holiday this year I am still grateful for the reminder of joy, hope, optimism, enthusiasm and love those 5 nieces and nephews are sure to share.
However, this Christmas will be a little different. We’ll be missing Dad. Our father was Jewish but reveled in the tradition of Christmas. That might not make sense. That was my Dad.
He was fond of the gift giving and would invest the time to personalize the experience. His specialty: the handwritten note (a truly lost art).
Each gift received would include a note, poem, inspirational quote or personalized message intended for the recipient. Some were original. Most weren’t. The original author would never get credit on the card (and my apologies for my same omission here). That was my Dad.
Over the years I saved a few of my favorites. In the spirit of the season and reflecting fondly on those Christmas memories I wanted to share them with you.
The Gift of Wisdom From Dad
“To succeed you have to believe in something with such passion it becomes a reality.”
“The future always holds something for the man who keeps his faith in it.”
“The measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy.”
“Be patient in the little things. Learn to beat the everyday trials and tribulations of life quietly and calmly. Then, when unforeseen trouble comes, your strength will not forsake you.”
“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.”
Wishing you love (and memories) during this holiday season.
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- 5 Keys to More Persuasive Communication