The Most Important Element of Sales: Preparation.
Posted July 11, 2013 by Ryan Estis in Sales
Most sales are closed before the meeting even starts.
Sounds crazy, right? Today, on average, 57% of a purchase decision is complete before a customer
In this new era of hyper-informed customers, sellers have no option but to to radically change the sales strategy. As a salesperson, you need to meet customers where they are – which is much deeper into the decision cycle.
One way to boost your sales success: prepare, prepare, prepare. Follow a strict methodology when prepping for every engagement. Have a pre-call plan. Come to every meeting ready to provide new, relevant insight and impact decisions.
To understand why and how to prepare for a sales call, I’m including some tips in video form below.
How do you prepare for consistent sales success? What tools or techniques help you prepare?
Ryan Estis & Associates is a training and development organization helping companies, leaders, sales people and individual contributors embrace change and achieve breakthrough performance in the new economy. We offer keynotes, live classroom training and online learning that blends interaction, energy and actionable content designed to elevate performance. Contact us for programming inquiries and assistance determining the curriculum that could best support your learning and development objectives.
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- 5 Keys to More Persuasive Communication
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader