How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
Posted April 7, 2014 by Ryan Estis in Sales
The sales cycle is getting longer. B2B buyers spend more time researching purchases, and they’re walking most of their decision journey alone, without the direct input of sellers.
So, what can sales organizations do to compress the sales cycle? How can sellers add value when buyers are more informed than ever?
The answer: Sellers are required to have a completely new set of competencies. Old-school strategies just don’t work anymore. Buyers are more informed and have higher expectations than ever before. Buyers are looking for informed consultants who can diagnose their challenges, understand their business and their market, and guide decision-making.
In the enclosed video, I talk through how top producers spend time on high-yield opportunities and create compelling buying events to shorten the sales cycle.
My new ebook, Leading Breakthrough Sales Performance, looks at how sales leaders can create teams of informed, motivated, savvy sellers that are ready to meet buyers’ new expectations. Download the ebook for case studies from dynamic sales leaders at HP, Grainger, the Dallas Cowboys, MassMutual and Medline.
Ryan Estis & Associates is a training and development organization helping companies, leaders, sales people and individual contributors embrace change and achieve breakthrough performance in the new economy. We offer keynotes, live classroom training and online learning that blends interaction, energy and actionable content designed to elevate performance. Contact us for programming inquiries and assistance determining the curriculum that could best support your learning and development objectives.
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- 5 Keys to More Persuasive Communication
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader