MPI Fighting Fire
Posted July 2, 2012 by Ryan Estis in News
Last week I had the opportunity to keynote the MPIRMC Annual Gala. In an evening dedicated to celebrating excellence in the Meetings & Events industry much of the conversation was concentrated on the devastating fires that continue to plague Colorado.
When MPIRMC President Heather Hartland mentioned to me that they have assembled a communications and relief effort on behalf of the MPI Chapter I was only happy to share the opportunity to provide support here.
How can you help the Colorado Fire Relief?
Donate: Cash is needed to help relief efforts with the American Red Cross Colorado Chapters. The AAA office in Colorado Spring is having a supply drive during their business hours to support Care and Share Food Bank and can accept canned and boxed meals, #10 cans of fruits and vegetables, snack items like granola bars and beef jerky, and personal care items. You can drop off items at 5775 Mark Dabling Blvd, c/o MPI’s Sonja Sabath-719-272-2900 x4908
Do Business: Seek out local venues and vendors so livelihoods can be maintained.
Do Something: Volunteer opportunities are being coordinated to assist in clean up efforts. Kathy Reak, Colorado Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau, was just named the MPIRMC 2012 Supplier of the Year for her efforts in support of the chapter and industry. It is now time to support her and her beloved community for Waldo Canyon fire relief. Once specific needs for volunteers and supplies are requested, they will be communicated, so please stay tuned for further information on how you can participate.
Enclosed are a few photo’s from our event last week courtesy of All Digital Photo & Video. Thank you MPI for having me and for all the outstanding work you continue to do!
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- 5 Keys to More Persuasive Communication
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader