Would sales be easier if every call you made was to a prospective buyer who was aware of both you and your organization prior to talking? Would it be easier to sell to qualified prospects reaching out to you with a direct inquiry? What if you could turn virtually every cold call into a “warm call”? Sales Nirvana? Perhaps.
And it’s all very possible today with a shift in strategy and through the adoption of new tools and technology.
The blend of a traditional networking philosophy and technology integration can transform the opportunity to develop higher levels of awareness and more attention from your TAU (target account universe). Social selling is all about being expertly informed and demonstrating value early in the sales cycle to achieve elevated interest specific to your product or solution. While you cannot automate relationships, you can dramatically expedite quality introductions and knowledge transfer by leveraging a Web 2.0 selling platform. Consider:
How easy it for your customers to intersect with your BIG idea?
Are your channels alive with your very best new content?
Is your value proposition abundantly clear, compelling and so differentiated its worth considering a change?
Is it clear at “the moment of truth” why urgent action is required?
Are you leveraging quality assets early and often in the cycle to add value first?
Now, benchmark against your competition.
In Professional Selling YOU are the the brand, company and marketing strategy in the eyes of the marketplace. A good foundational strategy will get you off the phone and in front of customers.
Building Sales Influence with your customer community make sales happen.
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- When That Little Voice Whispers: This Is Stupid