Mother’s Day Surprise
Posted May 8, 2011 by Ryan Estis in Uncategorized
There is nothing quite like being there. Present. There are certain times where being there can be the best present. So, after finishing up in Oklahoma Friday afternoon I caught a flight to Cleveland to surprise Mom. Surprise her we did. An 11:00 p.m. delivery on Friday night caught on Flip by my sister who delivered me to the doorstep of the house we grew up in. Mom had been waiting. Waiting to hear about my speaking engagement Friday afternoon. She was about to send me a note before going to bed because she hadn’t heard any update. She keeps track. She wants to know everything is well with her children. That is my Mom. I think she enjoyed getting the update in person. Funny how sometimes the gift of giving ends up being a gift you also receive. That smile, hug and joy of being there was truly a gift for me. A gift worth sharing. Happy Mother’s Day Mom. Wishing everyone the gifts of love, joy and appreciation as we take a day to celebrate and honor the important people in our lives.
Tags: Mother's Day
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- When That Little Voice Whispers: This Is Stupid