I don’t have enough time! Or do I?
I was complaining about time recently. Not having enough. Feels busy. Perhaps distracted might be a better word. I was definitely jumping on the bandwagon. Everyone is too busy.
As I was feeling sorry for myself a friend dropped this beautiful H. Jackson Brown Jr. quote on me:
“Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”
What a wonderful reminder of the equality of time and our personal ownership.
We each decide. We are accountable for what gets done. The key is to direct our focus and invest our time where it matters most. Such an important choice.
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- When That Little Voice Whispers: This Is Stupid