3 Questions to Help You Earn Commitment
If I had to name one of the most prominent reasons that professional salespeople miss performance targets, it would be this: they are unable to earn commitment from the client.
Being assertive but not too aggressive is often a difficult and delicate balance during a competitive and complex sales engagement. Those are the moments of truth that separate top producers from the middle of the pack.
Top-producing salespeople avoid the sales trap of presenting to simply share information. Instead, they are laser- focused on earning commitment.
In the enclosed video I explain The Law of Incremental Commitment and the three simple questions every sales organization should ask. Ask these three questions after every customer engagement to understand the strength of the commitment earned.
- What commitment did you earn?
- What is the commitment timeline and agreed upon next steps?
- Did you confirm the commitment in writing and add value?
These questions are helpful in assessing your ability to advance a relationship and accelerate the sales cycle. They will also help you avoid stalls, missed opportunities and the sales kiss of death – spinning your wheels spending valuable time on non-qualified opportunities.
The commitment objective is a critical component of a quality pre-call plan. Don’t leave home without it!
Ryan Estis & Associates is a training and development organization helping companies, leaders, sellers and individual contributors embrace change and achieve breakthrough performance in the new economy. We offer keynotes, live classroom training and online learning that blends interaction, energy and actionable content designed to elevate performance. Contact us for programming inquiries and assistance determining the curriculum that could best support your learning and development objectives.
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- When That Little Voice Whispers: This Is Stupid