Productivity and Focus
Posted April 22, 2014 by Ryan Estis in Performance
How many internet browser tabs do you have open right now? How long can you focus on your current task before you check your inbox? When do you decide to call it a day knowing there are a million more things you could be doing to build your business?
We’re living in a multi-tasking world where it’s harder and harder to minimize distractions and manage our time for maximum productivity.
I cannot stand finishing my day feeling like I haven’t accomplished anything important and I’ve previously shared ideas about planning your day for success. In the enclosed video, I invite keynote speaker Seth Mattison to offer his own perspective on setting up his work day for success. In his words, being able to focus is a huge opportunity. Your competition is distracted. You can win just by eliminating distractions and learning to focus. You also might find that the ability to focus is key to finishing work so there is ample time left over for the other important things in life.
Some of Seth’s time-management tips include:
Close each work day by prioritizing your to-do list for the next day.
Don’t add a task to your to-do list if you can’t realistically accomplish it.
Work in 90-minute blocks to stay focused.
Close your email.
Ryan Estis & Associates is a training and development organization helping companies, leaders, sales people and individual contributors embrace change and achieve breakthrough performance in the new economy. We offer keynotes, live classroom training and online learning that blends interaction, energy and actionable content designed to elevate performance. Contact us for programming inquiries and assistance determining the curriculum that could best support your learning and development objectives.
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- When That Little Voice Whispers: This Is Stupid