How to Build a Speaking Business
Posted February 24, 2015 by Ryan Estis in Performance
How would you like to travel the world? Get paid for sharing your expertise and life experience? Make a meaningful difference in the lives of others?
The idea sounded compelling enough to convince me to register for the National Speakers Association Minnesota Chapter Speaker Academy seven years ago. I was working full time as an ad agency executive and in truth, the idea of getting paid to speak seemed a little far-fetched and even a bit self-indulgent at the time. However, I was keen on learning more and improving my presentation skills that were an important part of my job.
That course was the catalyst that led me down a path to completely change my career, build a new business and transform my life.
That’s why I feel extremely privileged to deliver the 2015 NSA Minnesota March Symposium: How To Build A Million $ Speaking Business.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to successfully launch a speaking/training business or are committed to growing your current company, join me this March 13 in Bloomington, MN!
I’ll share my best tips and the techniques I’ve used to build a business that is scheduled to deliver over 70 live events in 2015 for a client roster that includes many of the world’s best brands.
Our discussion will be useful for anyone who wants to speak more and get paid to do it — not just people who are considering a full-time speaking career. We will cover:
- Understanding why 2015 is the BEST opportunity for emerging experts.
- Sales competency for speaking professionals.
- Content marketing for impact and additional engagements.
- Creating win-win channel partnerships.
- Recovery from setbacks, missteps and mistakes.
- Delivering a truly “Epic Keynote.”
This is a brand-new program and the only time I will be delivering this content in 2015. The program will not be produced for additional distribution so I hope you can make it! The program is open to anyone so whether you are an NSA member or not, feel free to join us!
If you can’t be there live, but you’re still interested in this topic, I’ve written several posts about the speaking industry:
- How Do I Get Started Doing What You Do?
- Getting Paid to Speak
- Getting Paid to Speak Part 2
- Interview with Jane Atkinson, my business coach
Hope to see you on March 13!
Ryan Estis helps companies and individual contributors embrace change and achieve breakthrough performance. Each live event blends original research with compelling stories that move participants to take action. Ryan has 20 years of business experience working with the world’s best brands to initiate change, inspire innovation and deliver growth. Learn more about Ryan Estis.
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- When That Little Voice Whispers: This Is Stupid