A Daily Gratitude Practice
Posted November 23, 2015 by Ryan Estis in Performance
These people continue to show up for me and that makes me very fortunate. I have the love and unconditional support of people who have believed in me during times when perhaps I wasn’t so sure. In fact, especially when I wasn’t so sure. That support, especially during times of adversity, continues to be one of the greatest gifts I have received in my lifetime.
The quality of my life is, essentially, the quality of my relationships with the people that matter the most to me. I am incredibly proud to be the average of the 5 people I spend the most time with.
I also want to make sure I pay it forward. I have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute in an meaningful way. So do you. It just requires attention and effort. What helps me show up to serve more consistently is having a daily gratitude practice. Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday and I have found that simply spending a few minutes giving thanks every morning is a powerful practice. So, I have incorporated gratitude into my morning routine.
I’ve been using The 5 Minute Journal to simply record three things I’m grateful for every morning. The five minutes I invest each morning and evening in this simple little journal have provided valuable moments of daily reflection. If you want to start a journal, this is a great resource to consider.
Are you ready to make an impact? Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Ryan Estis helps companies and individual contributors embrace change and achieve breakthrough performance. Each live event blends original research with compelling stories that move participants to take action. Ryan has 20 years of business experience working with the world’s best brands to initiate change, inspire innovation and deliver growth. Learn more about Ryan Estis.
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- When That Little Voice Whispers: This Is Stupid