Posted March 9, 2011 by Ryan Estis in News
Ironically my last post was called Throw Up Nervous.
I have spent the last week with a rather intense case of the flu. I was just getting back into the groove and boom…on my back, 103 degrees. No sudden movements. Not so much fun.
Time on the sidelines usually serves to offer a healthy dose of perspective. I have had more than my share of that lately. I am ready to be back in the game at full speed.
One thing I know for certain, if you don’t have your health, you don’t have much of anything. It is the foundation and is certainly gong to get more of my focus. What does that mean? For me, it goes something like this:
-Eat Right: Organic, high protein/nutrient rich, lots of water
-Exercise: Yoga/resistance/basketball/running 4-5 times a week
-Sleep More: 6-8 hours a night
-Manage Stress: Balance work/fun; spend time with family & friends; meditate; express gratitude and appreciation
Having a plan helps. Achieving a plan takes hard work. Seems worth it.
Good to he back up and running. Wishing you good health.
I suppose a flu shot never hurts either.
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- When That Little Voice Whispers: This Is Stupid