Turning Ideas Into Action
Posted March 30, 2015 by Ryan Estis in Leadership
We’ve all been there: You read an inspiring new book, attend a week-long conference, or have an energizing, exciting phone call. You’re bursting with energy and new ideas.
Then you go back to your inbox, turn your attention to the next fire that needs to be put out and slip back into your routine and to-do list, abandoning your big new ideas and the commitment required to change. It happens to everyone. Habits are hard to break and the reality is that real change is really hard work.
@MalettLori it’s tough….I know! Discipline and time mgmt for sure. I will blog about it soon to help support you 🙂
— Ryan Estis (@RyanEstis) March 26, 2015
The problem is that inspiration is almost never enough to sustain change and achieve a meaningful breakthrough result.
To take performance in any area to the next level, you need a clear course of focused, determined action.
Action mitigates fear, moves people beyond their comfort zone and is a catalyst to create the momentum necessary to deliver real, lasting change.
If you want to play on the next level, you need an action plan!
- What is your desired outcome?
- What needs to change?
- What are your immediate next steps?
- What 3 commitments can you make in the next 30 days?
- How are you going to measure progress toward the desired outcome?
- What will be different when you cross the finish line? How will that feel?
Decide and commit right now! Did you create a plan? In the video below, I share why it’s so important to THINK BIG and how you can turn your own inspiration into action.
Ryan Estis helps companies and individual contributors embrace change and achieve breakthrough performance. Each live event blends original research with compelling stories that move participants to take action. Ryan has 20 years of business experience working with the world’s best brands to initiate change, inspire innovation and deliver growth. Learn more about Ryan Estis.
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- When That Little Voice Whispers: This Is Stupid