What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
Best relationship building question…EVER!
Flip the script at the next cocktail party you attend. Ask this question instead of the old standard, “so, what do you do?” Then listen. Really listen. You’ll be the hit of the party and walk away with more meaningful connections and shared understanding about what truly matters.
It is a powerful question for Recruiters, Sales Professionals, Managers, Leaders, Coaches and Consultants whose work depends on relationships, understanding, likability and connectedness.
So, what do you like to do when you aren’t working?
About The Author
Ryan Estis is a Keynote Speaker & Management Consultant blogging about business performance.
Speaking Preview Video
Subscribe to the Blog
- Do Customers Respond To Your Email Pitch?
- How to Get the Most Out of Feedback
- Managing Mystique: How Ritz-Carlton Delivers Amazing Customer Service
- How to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- 9 Leadership Lessons from the Best Boss I Ever Had
- Blowing Up the Performance Review: Interview with Adobe’s Donna Morris
- This Is What Happened When I Completely Changed My Approach to Sales
- Business Can Turn On A Dime
- The Transition from Top Producer to Sales Leader
- When That Little Voice Whispers: This Is Stupid